Dear all
I have been asked by one of our pharmacists about the time window for
blood sampling to measure lithium levels. We recommend 12hr post dose
but an hour either side is also OK.
Could this sampling window be greater - say 2 hours either side?
I have also seen some recommendations to take the sample from 8hr to 12
hr post dose.

Any information would be welcome.

Kind regards

Ian

Ian Holbrook
Department of Clinical Biochemistry
York Hospital
Wigginton Road
York
YO31 8HE
01904 725786

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk