I would be grateful if you would forward me your protocols for investigating a patient who presents acutely with hypoglycaemia.
Would anyone be happy with making a definitive biochemical diagnosis based on a single sample with results for glucose (1.0mmol/l), insulin and c-peptide only?

Many thanks, Maria

Dr Maria Fitzgibbon, FRCPath,
Consultant Clinical Biochemist,
Head of Department of Clinical Biochemistry & Diagnostic Endocrinology,
Mater Misericordiae University Hospital,
Eccles St,
Dublin 7.
Tel:   0035318032423
email: [log in to unmask]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain information which
may be confidential and which may also be privileged and is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Unless you
are the intended recipient you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. Any opinions expressed are that of the individual and not
necessarily that of Mater Misericordiae University Hospital.

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk