Hi Adrienne,

Eitan Tchernov mention a variability in Mus in the Pleistocene of the Levant, much earlier than your specimens but which may be relevant. He described it as a chronocline in comparison to modern Mus populations.

The ref is Tchernov, E., 1968. Succession of rodent faunas during the upper Pleistocene of Israel. Paul Parey, Hamburg.

If you cannot get, let me know off list.

Cheers,

Miriam

Miriam Belmaker, PhD
Research Associate