Hi Simon,

Does this software allow you to show totally different screens of info at
each location, independently from all others, or does it simply send the
same content to every screen?

We started with putting info screens in a few places, each driven by their
own PC or mini PC, displaying web pages created specifically for each
screen, but felt that this was simply not a scalable solution.  But when I
started to look at some of the digital signage solutions I found that if you
wanted the ability to have different pages on different screens, the licence
costs went up to a surprisingly high level – the more flexibility, the higher
the price.  Now, it’s perfectly possible that I misread or misunderstood the
blurb about the different solutions that I was (skim) reading, so it would
be good to hear if that is the case.  But if I’m right, well, it would be good to
have that confirmed, so that I can say to the relevant people that there
isn’t actually a cheaper way of doing this other than having one (mini)PC
per screen and software to centrally manage what is displayed on each one
(whether an off-the-shelf digital signage product, or an in-house CMS
solution).

Thanks.

Best wishes,
Adrian

Web and Corporate Information Systems Manager
Birkbeck, University of London