Hi -

Is there evidence for an error in a top level BDII outside of RAL?
Although Glasgow is marked as AT RISK in the GOCDB, ATLAS have seen many
jobs fail at that site over the last 24 hours, returning the error:

[BDII][][] lcg-bdii.cern.ch: No entries for host: svr018.gla.scotgrid.ac.uk
lcg_cp: Invalid argument

Example job:
http://panda.cern.ch:25980/server/pandamon/query?job=1109469981

Cheers,

Chris

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Stuart Purdie wrote:

> It was mentioned in the EGI operations meeting that the top level BDII had a known problem about BDII update process, that aught to be fixed in the 'most recent release from end of august' (which I think means 3.2.9-0.sl5, from the 26th Aug).
>
> As other people have observed, I don;t thing this is restricted to RAL.  It's not clear to me whether this observed behaviour is a symptom of the bug, or of the fix!
>
> If you're seeing this problem, could you check what package version you've installed and we'll see if there's a correlation there?
>
> On 7 Sep 2010, at 09:36, Hellier, Richard (STFC,RAL,ESC) wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> At RAL we?ve been seeing strange problems with our top-level BDII servers.  Chris Walker at QMUL logged a GGUS ticket about some of Steve Lloyd?s tests failing (on doing replication for example) because required entries were absent from the information service.
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing similar problems elsewhere, please?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Richard.

West 326
Physics and Astronomy