Dear SPMers,

I am currently analysing a 2x2 factorial ANOVA at the second level but have run into a problem of corrected significance using standard main effects and interactions as only one cell is showing any significant effects.  However, if I run an omnibus F-test looking for changes between the four cells i.e. [1 -1; 0 1 -1; 0 0 1 -1], then I do get corrected significance. I then plan to do 6 post-hoc tests to find which comparisons are significant. I want to know if this is ok or will it be frowned upon by paper reviewers?

Thanks

Shane

Shane McKie, Ph.D
University of Manchester