LEAN and RIM

Personally I am a great fan of Lean and systems thinking but it does have to be treated with great care. Remember that it is Toyota ,the “pinup boys” of Lean who have had to recall 9 million cars because of problems with the quality of what they produce. I thought Lean was supposed to cut out waste AND improve quality.

Chris

Sent: 28 September 2010 01:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: LEAN and RIM

HI Steve,

Thank you for your reply.  Your presentation asks some interesting questions in terms of how LEAN  RM itself may or may not be LEAN.   I totally agree with a process centric approach to demonstrating results.  I wonder though if it can be  applied as well to issues of applying good judgement to managing risk?

I had looked at the Impact Calculator previously,  but given your comments below,  will look forward to revisiting it through the LEAN lense.

Thank you for this information - it is helping me develop my thoughts on the subject.

Regards,
Taline Babikian | Information Manager | Information Management Unit |Boral Cement
Tel: 9033 4026 | M: 0401 896 915 | Fax: 9033 4099