Hi

A very good question.  Having become a "lurker" in recent months I thought I would step out a little.

Lets explore

Definition of owner in this context (because your business sets the context).

The ultimate owner is the Council(IMHO).

Why do we think the owner is a person?  This is because our ICT colleagues (and no, I am not bashing them at all) need to assign owners from a security/technical perspective and this has driven a change in philosophy surrounding ownership.

If we go back a few years before ICT, we had files.  Lets extend the process.  A letter came in, you were targeted to respond or deal, did you own the file then?  No  So who did?  The registry? No.  The boss? No.  The Council?  Yes, but there was no person who declared on behalf of the Council I declare this owned by the Council, it was an assumption.

Thus, in my opinion, the Owner is the Council.

The author is the author wot wrote it (excuse the Morecambe and Wise reference, after all it is Friday)

The person (or better described as the role) responsible on behalf of the authority is the role in the information lifecycle who has at that time the responsibility as processor or custodian.

Happy to discuss

Paul Dodgson