Hello Matt,

I think, in fairness to the IMJ, that I may have come across the
article in an aggregator site that gathers articles and papers together
rather than through the IMJ's 'official' site, so they probably have
little or no control over how it is framed on the web page.

It does seem odd, though, that any site that provides articles and
papers from professional or at least 'serious' journals and magazines
would consider the audience a likely customer-base for the products
advertised, at least during working hours. It's really just spam - if it
hadn't been Friday afternoon, it would probably have all just washed
over me like the rest of the ads that come with pretty much every
commercial site on the web. You'd think that on purely commercial
grounds there would be better targeting based on content: the ads that
pop up at the side of my Google Mail, for instance, are so intelligently
derived from the content of the e-mails that I sometimes get the
uncomfortable feeling that the Big G is reading my mind.

Regards,

Rachel.
*** NHSBSA DISCLAIMER ***

To save paper, and to help our environmental footprint, please view
our e-mail disclaimer on our website at http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/email