Hello all,

With term time starting up again, I just wanted to remind you of recent new editions of our two best-selling methods titles. Both are available as inspection copies, and to browse on Google preview.

Any questions, please do drop me a note. Thanks for your time.

Statistical Methods for Geography
A Student's Guide 3rd Edition
Peter A. Rogerson

Table of contents:

1. Introduction to Statistical Methods for Geography
2. Descriptive Statistics
3. Probability and Discrete Probability Distributions
4. Continuous Probability Distributions and Probability Models
5. Inferential Statistics: Confidence Intervals, Hypothesis Testing and Sampling
6. Analysis of Variance
7. Correlation
8. Introduction to Regression Analysis
9. More on Regression
10. Spatial Patterns
11. Some Spatial Aspects of Regression Analysis
12. Data Reduction: Factor Analysis and Cluster Analysis
Epilogue
Appendix A: Statistical Tables
A.1 Random Digits
A.2 Normal Distribution
A.3 Student's t-Distribution
A.4 Cumulative distribution of Students t-Distribution
A.5 F-Distribution
A.6 X2 Distribution
Appendix B: Mathematical Conventions and Notation
B.1 Mathematical Conventions

B.2 Mathematical Notation

Appendix C: Review and Extension of Some Probability Theory

C.1 Expected values

C.2 Variance of a random variable

C.3 Covariance of random variables

Key Methods in Geography

2nd Edition

Nicholas Clifford, Shaun French & Gill Valentine

Table of contents:

PART ONE: GETTING STARTED IN GEOGRAPHICAL RESEARCH

1. Getting Started in Geographical Research: How This Book Can Help

2. How to Conduct a Literature Search

3. Ethical Practice in Geographical Research

4. Health and Safety in the Field

PART TWO: GENERATING AND WORKING WITH DATA IN HUMAN GEOGRAPHY

5. Making Use of Secondary Data

6. Conducting Questionnaire Surveys

7. Finding Historical Sources

8. Semi-structured Interviews and Focus Groups

9. Participant Observation

10. Geography and the Interpretation of Visual Imagery

11. Participatory Research Methods

12. Working in Different Cultures

13. Internet Mediated Research

14. Diaries as a Research Method

PART THREE: GENERATING AND WORKING WITH DATA IN PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY

15. Getting Information About the Past: Palaeo and Historical Data Sources of Climate

16. Making Observations and Measurements in the Field

17. Sampling in Geography

18. Analysing a Natural System

19. Numerical Modelling in Physical Geography: Understanding Explanation and Prediction in Physical Geography

20. Using Remotely Sensed Imagery

PART FOUR: REPRESENTING AND INTERPRETING GEOGRAPHICAL DATA

21. Data Handling and Representation

22. Mapping and Graphicacy

23. Using Statistics to Describe and Explore Data

24. An Introduction to Geostatistics

25. Using Geographical Information Systems

26. Statistical Analysis Using PASW (formerly SPSS)

27. Coding Transcripts and Diaries

28. Computer Assisted Qualitative Data Analysis

29. Analysing Historical and Archival Sources

30. Analysing Cultural Texts

31. Writing Essays, Reports and Dissertations

32. Understanding Assessment

Glossary

Michael Ainsley
Books Marketing