Hello,

I've just posted a link to a presentation on non-traditional ways of communicating astronomy on my facebook and blog.
http://www.facebook.com/oana.sandu

I\ve received some comments with ideas belonging to Ricardo Cardoso Reis

Might be useful:

"In last years (and this years) Researchers Night, we have many non-traditional ways of outreaching, like Theather plays (in which the
actors are researchers), Stand-Up comedy or "speed dating" (not actual dating, just informal conversations
with researchers, in a coffe shop like environment).

There are also what i would call "semi-traditional" ways, which involve associating a telescope observing night with activities from other sciences. I'd call it semi-traditional, since it's the good, old, telescope observation, but for a different crowd.

For instance, we have a collaboration with the local botanical garden, in which our colleagues from the botany dep. give a night tour of the garden, to show plants with nocturnal activity, and in the end we show the sky.

Other collaboration we have takes us to ancient citadels (bronze age/roman), and associates a guided tour of the citadel with a telescope observation night."

Cheers,
Oana Sandu

Oana Sandu
Community and Outreach Support
Education and Public Outreach Department

Phone: +49 89 320 069 65
Mobile: +49 176 943 942 20

ESO
Karl-Schwarzschild-Strasse 2