Hi

My first thought was; what sort of discipline? Is it spanking or more like half an hour sitting on the naughty chair?

My second thought was; "Oh my, is it about selling a course to post docs before they leave the security of University for the uncertainty of what we laughingly call the real world?"

If it is, I have some suggestions for modules that I as a seasoned communicator ( Bsc & PGCE Southampton, Phd University of Hark Knocks) could offer that might be of help to people starting out :-

(i) Mindless Optimism - Keeping it going.

(ii) Stage presence
- or how to be loud without amplification.

(iii) The joy of Coffee - Stamina and the art of getting up before dawn, driving for 3 hours and then setting up and doing 5 shows and an evening before packing and going to find your hotel.

(iv) What is that? -  Hotel breakfast ingredient identification and disposal.

(v) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly  - Science Festivals or "You want me to pay how much to do a show for you?"

(vi) What to say to people who say "I want your job?" - a primer.

(vii) "I'll cut you!" -  Year nine hecklers, their identification and destruction.

(viii) Vigilance - or how to stop them nicking your toys.

But seriously, I love it really, it's just been a long week and I'm sitting here doing paperwork, and if anybody would like help for a course, I think I can help.

All the best

Ian

Do Science Ltd
37 Upper Brownhill Road, Southampton, SO16 5NG
www.doscience.co.uk

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. It is intended for the personal attention of the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your computer.
While Do Science Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.