Andrew do you have a dictionary for your language !!
Was there originally around 1200 indigenous languages in Australia?

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of andrew burke
Sent: 01 September 2010 16:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Norn and the Shetland poet

Delightful sounds, but it also brings up the sad subject of so many
languages disappearing around the world - not the least being
indigenous languages here in Australia.

So, delighted and sad, I am off to bed to dream in a language all my own.

Andrew

On 1 September 2010 23:08, Lawrence Upton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Sure
>
> I was just encouraging you and anyone else to listen
>
> It's running now
>
> I can hear it out of my tiny Mac speakers as I type

> On Wed, September 1, 2010 15:53, Douglas Barbour wrote:
>> Well, if I could open it..., but it seems I cant.
>>

>> Thanks Lawrence; will try again later, as they suggested....
>>

>> Doug
>> On 1-Sep-10, at 8:50 AM, Lawrence Upton wrote:
>>

>>> I found it a really interesting programme and hope to hear it again
>>>

>>> & had I thought Norns were just oddballs in Wagner

>>> --
>>> "This is not a time for foolery, or compliments. It may be that both
>>> of us are within a few minutes of death... And I, at any rate, don't
>>> propose to die with polite insincerities in my mouth. " C S Lewis - That
>>> Hideous Strength
>>> ---
>>> Lawrence Upton
>>> AHRC Creative Research Fellow
>>> Dept of Music
>>> Goldsmiths, University of London
>>>

>> Douglas Barbour
>>
>> http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
>>

>> Latest books:
>> Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
>> http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
>> Wednesdays'

http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10
>> .html
>>

>> There is much to be said in favor of modern journalism. By giving us
>> the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance
of
>> the community.
>>
>> Oscar Wilde
>>

> --
> "This is not a time for foolery, or compliments. It may be that both of us
> are within a few minutes of death... And I, at any rate, don't propose to
> die with polite insincerities in my mouth. "
> C S Lewis - That Hideous Strength
> ---
> Lawrence Upton
> AHRC Creative Research Fellow
> Dept of Music
> Goldsmiths, University of London

--
Andrew
http://hispirits.blogspot.com/
'Mother Waits for Father Late' republished available at
http://www.picaropress.com/
http://www.qlrs.com/poem.asp?id=766
http://frankshome.org/AndrewBurke.html