or perhaps, Merk, it's just my interpretation? I'm well aware that WCW went
to great lengths to involve himself with the structure of his poetry, and
that those formal aspects took quite a different turn in his later work. I
simply think that there is always an element of playfulness or joviality in
his poetry, and that content preceded form for him as well. I may well have
a limited or superficial view of his writing, but it's not like I'm not
interested in hearing from more astute readers.

anyway, thanks for ignoring my actual point and zeroing in on my mistake.
very constructive. ;)

KS