There is - was - the Peter Cooke joke from my yoof of a blind mine -
sorry, man -- misreading and coming up with some unfortunate statement

he pauses and says "I'm sorry. I'll feel that again"

And then the outpouring of rage at his bas taste

Mine was a genuine mistype. I was still thinking of _my yoof_; but I liked
it so I left it in

--
"This is not a time for foolery, or compliments. It may be that both of us
are within a few minutes of death... And I, at any rate, don't propose to