 I do agree that all kinds of factors come into play when writing, including
one's physical state and environment. Pierre Joris also talks about this in
Nomad Poetics, and I was recently getting into Timothy Morton's Ecological
approach to literature, where he is also constantly stressing the ways a poem
takes up space and influences and is influenced by its environment. (He has a
great short lecture about his concept of Mesh to describe the interconnectedness
of things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-mWCPa9y3c  ).

I guess I just find it curious that if your physical condition is an integral
part of your poetics, why you don't then, for example, elaborate more on the
connection between those two - so how your chronic fatigue syndrome affects your
poetics, and how your poetics affect your chronic fatigue syndrome. Or maybe the
very fact of sharing these things is part of your poetics?

But all this is making it sound like I fundamentally have a problem with it and
I really do not. By all means please keep on keeping on as you were. Last thing
I would want is to sound normative/judgemental in any way.  I guess I, in turn,
am just allowing my unusually crappy morning to break me out of my usual
list-lurking self.

All good things,
Jeroen