Hi Clair
I tried to find this out a year or two ago and found very little on
contraindications
http://www.rcjournal.com/cpgs/spirupdatecpg.html
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14670917/Spirometry
were the only articles i found mentioning BP.

http://www.nationalasthma.org.au/content/view/331/418/
this mentions unstable cardiac function...what ever that may mean

http://www.bpassoc.org.uk/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Bloodpressurechart
helps with explaining normal levels of BP in lay terms to the individuals
attending the dept.

Personally I do BP measurement and send them to see their GP if it is over
150/90..

One chap had 210/150  (that was his lowest reading!) before I did spirometry,
and after discussion with his GP we organised a lift to the local A&E and put
off his monitoring until his GP was happy! I hate to think what the BP elevation
from performing spirometry would have done to him!

hope this helps
Jacqui