From: Health of minority ethnic communities in the UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Salway, Sarah
Sent: 09 September 2010 14:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Exciting job opportunity

Dear Colleagues,

We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic qualitative researcher to play a central role in a new study funded by the NIHR Service Delivery and Organisation Programme.

The project is titled:

Towards equitable commissioning for our multiethnic society: understanding and enhancing the critical utilisation of evidence by strategic commissioners and public health managers

The research will examine how managers and commissioners working within Primary Care Trusts, Practice-Based Commissioning Consortia and other commissioning bodies find, assess and use different kinds of information about minority ethnic populations and their health needs. The project will produce a range of tools to support individuals and teams in this area of work.

The post holder will work closely with Sarah Salway (Sheffield Hallam University), Ghazala Mir (Leeds University) and NHS colleagues.

Further details are available here – please publicise this vacancy and encourage people to apply!

https://staff.shu.ac.uk/HR/Vacancies/Academic/Academic%20Adverts/HWB%20311%2010.asp

with thanks and best wishes,

Sarah

On behalf of the study team.