looks like there are still some places left on this interesting event.... and some well-known speakers!

Mark R D Johnson
Director, MSRC/CEEHD
De Montfort University
Leicester LE2 1RQ

We are hosting a hosting a Conference on ' Addressing Health Inequalities in Breast Cancer Screening- A Partnership Approach' on Friday 1st October 2010 under the auspices of the Genesis Breast Cancer Prevention Charity based at the Nightingale Centre, Manchester. This will mark the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As you know ethnicity and deprivation remain biggest barriers to improved screening uptake. We will have a programme of two sessions of short lectures in the morning followed by facilitated interactive sessions in the afternoon exploring various key challenges as well as solutions. Some of the research work, poster display and field work will also be presented. We will be presenting our own work in the North West besides work by some guest speakers like Professor Ala Szczepura and Dr Lai Fong Chiu.

Hope you can attend and please do encourage others colleagues to attend. Issues of poor uptake in colorectal screening are very similar to breast cancer and cervical cancer and hence will be interest to colleagues across the spectrum. We will also cover poor participation of ethnic minority communities in research trials.

It is not a mainstream event, hence your help will be appreciated how we maximise attendance. Afternoon session is open to lay audience with free registration for them. With ethnic minority population rising to over 20% across the board in the UK in our life time these issues need sorting.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Many thanks for your help

Anil

Prof Anil Jain  MB BS, MD, FRCR, PG Dip (Medical Law)
Consultant Radiologist
Dept of Radiology and The Nightingale Centre & Genesis Prevention Centre
University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust
Southmoor Road
Wythenshawe
M23 9LT

Tel:  +44(0)161-291-6231