Thank you so much Dana - I am drafting my chapter for the SAGE Handbook of Mentoring and Coaching in Education and at the 'exploring ideas' stage.  I agree entirely about having an impossible task when a coaching relationship becomes a close friendship.  I had to end coaching a colleague when her expectations moved towards expecting a financial rescue... Desperately sad as she was such a brilliant colleague to be involved with in so many ways.

Looking forward to hearing from Hannah too - sorry it is so quiet on list - it's the end of the summer vacation for many colleagues and the beginning of term/semester for many others,

Warm regards,

Sarah