  Terrence,
I don't know if it is part of a larger series, but researching an
earlier sermon of St Augustine this spring (no. 231) I came across John
E. Rotelle, ed., Edmund Hill, trans., The Works of St Augustine: A
Translation for the 21st Century. Sermons III/7 (230-272B) on the
Liturgical Seasons (New Rochelle, NY: New City Press, 1993).  I can't
vouch, though, for how authoritative this book (or series) might be.
Cheers,
Jim

On 06/09/2010 1:37 PM, Terrence Lockyer wrote:

> Many thanks to Maureen Tilley for the suggestions.  Another
> correspondent tells me that he too can find no more recent edition of
> this text than Migne.  The passage about which my friend was curious
> was initially the sentence "Aegyptii ergo soli credunt resurrectionem,
> quia diligenter curant cadavera mortuorum," which she had found
> mentioned in translation and attributed to Augustine, but without
> specific reference in her source (I have no idea what that was, but at
> least one translation is widely used online, and seems to have
> occurred in one or other old encyclopaedia entry on Egyptian burial
> practices or mythology).  She was interested to explore the context of
> this sentence, which I was able to supply via Migne, but I just
> wondered whether there was anything more up-to-date she should know of.
>

> Terrence Lockyer
> Johannesburg, South Africa
> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]