From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Sue Oosthuizen
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: one-day research conferences in landscape and garden history 2010-11

Three one-day research conferences in Cambridge, each bringing together leading scholars in their fields, academic and professional, to discuss new and/or unpublished innovative research, and to provide an opportunity for all those interested in the history environment to engage with this work – including members of the public, professionals, scholars, policy-makers and volunteers. The further details and application form are attached to this message.

Managing water in pre-drainage fen and marsh

Saturday 27 November 2010 (closing date for enrolments: 17 November 2010). Fee: £39

Speakers include: Dr C. J. Bond, Dr Jill Eddison, Prof Michael Chisholm, Dr Paul Spoerry, Dr Frances Willmoth, Dr Susan Oosthuizen

Place-names and landscape: recent research

Saturday 26 February 2011 (closing date for enrolments: 16 February 2011). Fee: £39

Speakers include: Dr Della Hooke, Dr John Baker, Dr Richard Jones, Dr Ros Faith, Dr Simon Draper, Dr Keith Briggs

Designing with water: new work in garden history

Saturday 21 May 2011 (closing date for enrolments: 11 May 2011). Fee £39

Speakers include: Professor Tom Williamson, Dr Elizabeth Whittle, Professor Timothy Mowl, Dr Caroline Dalton, Dr Dianne Barr, Anne Rowe

Please do forward this message if you know others who may be interested –

With thanks,

Sue Oosthuizen

Susan Oosthuizen PhD FSA

University Senior Lecturer for Historic Environment

University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education

Madingley Hall

Madingley, Cambridge CB23 8AQ

Tel:  01223 746 279, Fax: 01223 746 200

E-mail: [log in to unmask], Web: www.ice.cam.ac.uk

Also: McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3QY

 and Wolfson College, Barton Road, Cambridge CB3 9BB