Hello All,

I just thought I would pop on line to say  thank you to Margaret and Alison for organising the conference yesterday. In these turbulent times it isn't always easy getting the money, time or departmental support for such ventures so many thanks to you both.

Also thank you to all the presenters for giving thought provoking papers.

Two new recent book releases that list members might be interested in are

Representing Disability in an Ableist World by Beth Haller.
The Problem Body: Projecting Disability on Film by Sally Shivers and Nicole Markotic

Beth Haller is also author of the disability and media blog, media dis-n- dat which offers access to a VAST amount of stories covering disability in the US. She has also recently started a more concentrated source of media resources. Adresses for the blogs are:

http://media-and-disability.blogspot.com/

http://media-dis-n-dat.blogspot.com/

Annoyingly the above won't hyperlink so fingers crossed they do when it is sent, and apologies if they don't.

Hope to have many a conversation on this list now we're up and running.

All the best,

Irene.