Thank you Matthew for sending this.

Indeed! Following the success of the GLAM-WIKI conference last year in Canberra http://wikimedia.org.au/glam and the recent "Wikipedian in Residence" program at the British Musuem, I have been asked by Wikimedia-UK to convene the UK edition of the conference (this time to be held at the BM) to build on this relationship.

However, as the astute will have noticed, the first day of the GLAM-WIKI:UK conference coincides with the MCG event at the Museum of London. However MCG and Wikimedia-UK are making a feature out of this bug....

1) Any registered attendee of the MCG conference on Friday 26 November will receive half-price entry into the second day of the GLAM-WIKI:UK event - £20. We've also deliberately kept the technical sessions that are more likely to be interesting to MCG folks until the second day -Saturday 27th. Day one of GLAM-WIKI:UK will focus on legal and business-model issues.

2) In the evening of Friday 26 November, after we have dinner together, MCG and Wikimedia-UK are jointly hosting a guest lecture and panel discussion at the British Museum BP Lecture theatre. Registering for EITHER the MCG or GLAM-WIKI:UK conference grants you free attendance to this.

The topic of this evening event will be the crunch point between the respective conferences: viable business models in this economic climate vs. free-culture. Thus the title "The free-conomy and the cultural sector". Keynoting this will be Dr. Kenneth Crews, director of the copyright advisory office of Columbia University in New York and panelists will include Gilane Tawadros (DACS), Paula Le Dieu (BFI) and Bill Thompson (BBC) and others.

If you have any questions about this event please feel free to write to me directly or reply on-list. The website with all of the details including how to register is http://glamwiki.org

If you cannot personally attend, please do forward our most warm invitation to any colleagues that you think might be interested in learning how your GLAM might be able to better collaborate with Wikimedia (and what we can do better for you too).

Sincerely,
Liam Wyatt

Wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata