Wikimedia UK is holding the GLAM-WIKI 2010 conference at the British
Museum on 26-27 November. The purpose is to bring the UK and European
GLAM (gallery, library, archive and museum) sector into direct
conversation with the Wikimedia community so we can build a better
understanding of our common purpose - sharing culture.

Keynote speakers will be:

*         Cory Doctorow, author, activist, blogger
(http://craphound.com/)

*         Sue Gardner, Executive Director, Wikimedia Foundation

*         Dr. Kenneth Crews, Director, Columbia University Copyright
Advisory Office

Day 1 will focus on the policy issues that affect collaboration between
the cultural sector and Wikimedia, ending the day with a joint session
with the Museums Computer Group in the BP.  Day 2 will focus on the
practical aspects of collaboration.

For more details see: http://glamwiki.org
or
http://blog.wikimedia.org.uk/2010/09/announcing-registration-now-open-fo
r-glam-wikiuk-at-the-british-museum/

Do contact me if you have any enquiries, or leave them on the event's
talkpage, or contact Liam Wyatt ([log in to unmask]), who is organising
the event.

Best wishes,

Matthew

@matthewcock

020 7323 8169

COMING SOON – BOOK NOW
Journey through the afterlife: Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead
Opens 4 November 2010
Under 16s and Members free
TICKETS +44 (0)20 7323 8181
www.britishmuseum.org