	-----Original Message-----
	From: UK medical/ health care library community / information
workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cleland, David
	Sent: 01 September 2010 14:29
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: 'How can I be sure I haven't missed anything?'...

	Dear List,

	Many of the Doctors I teach literature searching skills to, even
those who are fairly well skilled in literature searching, seem to share
similar concerns and often ask me 'how can I be sure I haven't missed
anything?' or 'how do you know when to stop searching?'

	These are two questions I never feel wholly confident in
answering because, deep down, I don't know!

	Can I ask my more experienced literature searching colleagues -
how do you answer this question and can you ever be sure if you've
missed anything and do you ever know when to stop searching?

	Kind regards,

	David Cleland

	Library Administrator
	Library
	East Riding Medical Education Centre (ERMEC)
	Hull Royal Infirmary
	Anlaby Road
	HULL
	HU3 2JZ

	Telephone: 01482 604323

for any losses as a result of any virus contained within this email or
attachment(s).

---------------------------------

	 <http://www.hey.nhs.uk/emailfooter/image.jpg>

	The content of this email and any attachment is private and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure, copying or forwarding of this email and/or its attachments
is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender by email and delete this message and any attachments
immediately. Nothing in this email shall bind the Trust in any contract
or obligation, unless we have specifically agreed to be bound.

	Virus Warning:

	Although this email and any attachment are believed to be free
from viruses, which might affect any system into which they are received
or opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they
are virus free.  Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust accepts no
responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from their
receipt, opening or use.