Daer All,

Apologies for cross-posting, but this may well be of interest to many of
you.

With best wishes,
Nick

Nick Millea

Map Librarian, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BG
Tel:      01865 287119
Fax:     01865 277139
Email:  [log in to unmask]
***PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!***

Homepage: http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/guides/maps/

Temporary move of Special Collections:
More information at: www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/scmoves

Dear MapHisters,

To provide a learned  international society for the subject  it has been
suggested
that there should be an International Society for the History of the
Map.

In order to establish whether there is a wish for such a Society at
international level
and to decide what form it might take we would like to ask you for your
views.

Please complete the online survey form at:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&pli=1&formkey=dGhGY2p0Tkw
yRG1WcWxnSmdBVEg0Z1E6MA#gid=0

This ISHM survey is being undertaken by the members of the Founding
Group (FG)
as constituted in 2009 under the auspices of the Directors of Imago
Mundi
Ltd.. Your views will be considered at the Imago Mundi Directors'
meeting on
30 November, 2010 in London with a view to deciding on a way forward.

Zsolt G. Török
Chair, ISHM Founding Group

___
                     Dr. Zsolt G. TÖRÖK, Assoc. Prof.
Department of Cartography and Geoinformatics, Eötvös Loránd University
              H-1117 Budapest, Pazmany P. setany 1/a, Hungary
                 Mellon Fellow, 2008-2009, Villa I Tatti,
      David Woddward Research Fellow, 2007-2008, UW Madison