APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

I am pleased to announce the publication of a new briefing which may be of
interest to health librarians.

Better Health Briefing 20 Improving
<http://www.better-health.org.uk/briefing-paper.asp?id=20>  health and
social care support for carers from black and minority ethnic communities
http://www.better-health.org.uk/briefing-paper.asp?id=20

This briefing paper draws attention to the experience of black and minority
ethnic carers in the context of mainstream service provision and recent
policy developments such as the National Carers Strategies, service user and
carer involvement and the personalisation agenda. It acknowledges that
marginalisation is often a consequence of lack of support for both carers
and black and minority ethnic communities in health and social care. The
paper brings together research evidence and examples of leading practice and
emphasises the importance of addressing and not concealing existing
inequalities in current changes in policy focus.

If you would like to be informed when new briefings are published, or about
new resources which have been added to the Better Health document
collection, please do sign up for our monthly newsletter at:

www.better-health.org.uk/register.htm

or if you have any problems

http://eepurl.com/yHkZ

Kat Nower

Information Officer

Race Equality Foundation

Unit 35 Kings Exchange

Tileyard Road

London

N7 9AH

Tel: 020 7619 6233

Fax: 020 7619 6230

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk
<http://www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk/>

Embed race equality into your every day work with our free-to-view resource
collections on Better <http://www.better-health.org.uk/>  Health and Better
<http://www.better-housing.org.uk/about.htm>  Housing