Hi All,

I've recently been tasked with drawing up Service Level Agreements with our key suppliers of library material (initially e-resources, journals and books.) I thought a useful starting point would be to find out whether any other institutions have SLA's with their suppliers?

I'd therefore be really interested in hearing from any of you that have SLA's in place. I'd be equally interested to hear from those who don't; is it something that is on the agenda or is it something that has never been seen as necessary?

So far in my quest to find an example, I've only managed to track down a couple of SLA's for library services or service/maintenance contracts for photocopiers /PCs etc ; not a single SLA for suppliers of library materials / resources.

I'd be really grateful for any comments from institutions, purchasing consortia and suppliers alike on this subject. I'm happy to receive comments / feedback off list if you feel that some of the information may be sensitive.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Emma Brewer
Supplier Liaison Administrator