On 2 Sep 2010, at 12:38, Andy Powell wrote:

> But our attitudes to quality ("every deposit much be mediated thru a librarian"), volume ("let's build a UK-only repository search engine") and speed (which I interpret to mean our increasing ability to machine-process information out of large quantities of data, as opposed to having to manually catalogue it) it seems to me are highly relevant to this list.

So could we create a (literally) poor man's Intute? Do we have any extra bits and pieces of technical and social information infrastructure that could help us rescue some the the value that Intute provided in a way that provides a new take on the same problem? Or is the ultimate lesson that we have to learn that we "should have but don't want" quality signifiers and that every individual their own Intute?
--
Les