*** Apologies for cross posting***

Dear Colleagues

The recent ALT-C 2010 conference saw the final six winners in the Jorum Learning and Teaching Competition present their resources, and receive their prizes, with those taking the top three places announced at the gala dinner.

All six were deserved winners, as chosen by a panel of external judges and votes placed by our community of users.  A large number of entries submitted gave the judges the difficult task of choosing their top ten, which were then placed on the Jorum Community Bay to allow for a public vote, allowing peers to vote for the resource they wanted to see take top spot.

And the winners are...

1st Place: The Molecular Basis of Photosynthesis
Submitted by: Katy Jordan, The University of Cambridge

2nd Place: The Open Dementia E-learning Programme: Living with dementia
Submitted by Colin Paton, Social care institute for excellence

3rd Place: Making the creative process visible
Submitted by: Dr Natasha Mayo, University Wales Institute, Cardiff

Congratulations once again to those who made it to the final six.

We must also thank our external panel of judges for taking time out of their busy schedules, and to Intrallect for kindly sponsoring the competition once again.

See the full story and all winners at the Jorum website, which include quotes from some of the winners and a short video by one of the judges - James Clay.

Regards

The Jorum Team

Louise Egan
Communications Officer - Jorum Service
Mimas, 5th Floor, Roscoe Building
The University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester
M13 9PL

Tel: 0161 275 6803

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.jorum.ac.uk

Jorum Community Bay: http://community.jorum.ac.uk

Jorum is a free online repository service for teaching and support staff in UK Further and Higher Education Institutions. Helping to build a community for the sharing, reuse and repurposing of learning and teaching materials, created by the community for the community.

You can also have your say and find out more about all aspects of sharing at the Jorum Community Bay: http://community.jorum.ac.uk

To receive updates from the Jorum team, please join: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/JORUM-UPDATE or follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/JorumTeam, or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JorumTeam