Dear colleagues

Please see our advert for new PhD studentships below. You will see that we are seeking to attract applications from those with an interest in ethics, innovation and communication. Here in the Centre for Research in Equality and Diversity (CRED), we are keen to attract potential PhD students with an interest in one of these themes AND equality and diversity. CRED has a clear commitment to undertaking research that is underpinned by principles of social justice. We have a number of leading academics working in this field who would be interested in supervising PhD students in topics related to their academic field. See the CRED website at http://hosted.busman.qmul.ac.uk/cred/ for details about CRED people.

Please let your able students know about these studentships and encourage them to apply. If they have any queries about studentships in CRED please contact me or a member of CRED.

with best wishes.

Geraldine Healy
Professor of Employment Relations
Director, Centre for Research in Equality and Diversity
School of Business and Management
Queen Mary, University of London
Francis Bancroft Building
Mile End
London EC1 4NS

Apologies for cross-posting

The School of Business and Management currently has three studentships available for entry onto the PhD Programme in January 2011. Research within the School clusters around six broad themes (i) innovation, networks and knowledge; (ii) communications, discourse and narratives; (iii) equality and diversity; (iv) education; (v) globalisation and (vi) business history. Faculty conduct research across one or more of these themes. For further information about our research areas and academic staff please visit; http://www.busman.qmul.ac.uk/research/

We are looking to attract applications from candidates with an interest in one of three broad areas - innovation, ethics and communications. However we welcome applications which may be inter-disciplinary and cross-cut any of our research themes. To see some of our PhD research please visit http://www.busman.qmul.ac.uk/research/students.php

One of the Studentships will entail working as a paid editorial assistant one day a week with the journal ephemera: theory and politics in organization, the other two will be scholarships without any specific tasks attached. All will be subject to the terms of conditions of Queen Mary funded College studentships in the Humanities and Social Sciences see http://www.qmul.ac.uk/hss/funding/bursaries/index.html

The school strongly advises prospective PhD students to contact a member of the School before they apply to the programme. This will ensure that your research proposal is complementary to the expertise and strengths of the School. Details about the School's academic staff and their research interests can be found on the School website.

For further information please contact:- Miss Monira Begum PhD Programme Administrator Tel: 020 7882 8581 Email: [log in to unmask]