Address:
Recruitment Team
Rm 222, Town Hall
Walliscote Grove Road
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
BS23 1UJ
Details
18.5 hours per week (fixed term until 31 March 2011)

North Somerset has a rich heritage with 34 Conservation Areas, nearly 1,100 listed buildings and many archaeological assets. As part of our focus on place shaping and development management, we have a temporary opportunity to help us develop our Historic Environment Record.

Ideally you will have a degree in a relevant subject such as history or archaeology, familiarity with the use of GIS systems and data inputting; a good working knowledge of heritage issues; excellent communication and liaison skills; and be confident in working on your own initiative.

For an informal discussion contact our Head of Development Management Richard Kent on 01934 426 732.

Want to know more and apply?
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online. Alternatively email [log in to unmask] for an application pack
or telephone 01275 884 238 (24 hour voicemail)

Anticipated interview date: Thursday 7 October 2010

Please quote BAJR in your application.

Regards
Bruce
Bruce Howard
Heritage Information Partnerships Supervisor (HER Liaison)
English Heritage
National Monuments Record
Kemble Drive
Swindon
SN2 2GZ
Tel: 01793 41 4880  Fax: 01793 414444
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
mobile: 07979 241 770

Online guidance for Historic Environment Records:  www.ifp-plus.info

HER Forum email list owner:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/herforum.html

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm

P Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?