Dear Colleague,

Well in time for the new term, I am pleased to announce our August and September 2010 publications. This year's list continues with another strong film title and a couple of interdisciplinary studies which lead us into the world of music and philosophy. There are also two of our popular publications which are now available as paperback and suitable for course adoption.

SCREENING WAR: Perspectives on German Suffering <http://www.camden-house.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=13162> , edited by Paul Cooke & Marc Silberman - Re-examines German cinema's representation of the Germans as victims during the Second World War and its aftermath.

£50.00, July 2010, 978 1 57113 437 0, 49 b/w illus.; 312pp, HB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture

See also our Film Studies <http://www.boydellandbrewer.com/content/docs/2010_Film_Studies_SP.pdf>  brochure for a complete list of our recent, new and forthcoming books on film and cinema.

READING MAHLER: German Culture and Jewish Identity in Fin-de-Siècle Vienna <http://www.camden-house.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=13372> , by Carl Niekerk - Examines literary, philosophical, and cultural influences on Mahler's thought and work from the standpoint of the composer's position in German-Jewish culture.

£40.00, September 2010, 978 1 57113 467 7, 328pp, HB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture

THE INDO-GERMAN IDENTIFICATION: Reconciling South Asian Origins and European Destinies, 1765-1885 <http://www.camden-house.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=13355> , by Robert Cowan - The nineteenth-century development - and later consequences - of the imagined relationship between ancient India and modern German culture.

£40.00, September 2010, 978 1 57113 463 9, 240pp, HB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture

Now available in paperback:

BERTOLT BRECHT'S DRAMATIC THEORY <http://www.camden-house.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=13396> , by John J. White - Detailed analysis of Brecht's extensive theoretical writings on the theater, including newly available works.

£19.99, September 2010, 978 1 57113 473 8, 360pp, PB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture

LITERATURE AND FILM IN THE THIRD REICH <http://www.boydellandbrewer.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=13398> , by Karl-Heinz Schoeps, translated by Kathleen M. Dell'Orto - The first comprehensive survey in English of the literature and film of Nazi Germany.

£19.99, September 2010, 978 1 57113 472 1, 14 b/w illus.; 384pp, PB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture

For more information on all our titles, visit our website at: www.camden-house.com <http://www.camden-house.com> .

If you have any questions or would like to request an examination copy of the new paperbacks, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Franziska Scheithauer

Franziska Scheithauer

CAMDEN HOUSE,

an imprint of BOYDELL & BREWER

www.camden-house.com

BOYDELL & BREWER

Boydell & Brewer Ltd
PO Box 9, Woodbridge

Suffolk IP12 3DF, UK

Tel: + 44 (0)1394 610 606

www.boydellandbrewer.com <http://www.boydell.co.uk/>

For and on behalf of Boydell & Brewer Limited.  Registered Number: 961446 (England).  Registered Office: Whitwell House, St Audry's Park Road, Melton, Suffolk, IP12 ISY, UK

For email confidentiality and disclaimer see: http://www.boydellandbrewer.com/email_confidentiality.asp <http://www.boydellandbrewer.com/email_confidentiality.asp>