Dear current and future members,

The IUGS has recently upgraded the status of TecTask from a Task Force to a full Commission, in recognition of our continued growth in membership, and of our ongoing activities. In the medium term we will be calling on members to vote on future activities.  In particular we want to increase our activities and outreach particular into developing countries and to young scientists.

TecTask  We have recently passed the barrier of one thousand members at the TecTask web site. We have noticed that the surges in membership correlate directly with the introduction of new software packages available from our site, so any members that would like to use TecTask to store or advertise their (free or low cost) structural geology and tectonics related software, please contact us.

The upcoming 23rd Colloquium on African Geology (http://www.cag23.co.za/   in  Johannesburg, South Africa January 8-14th 2011) will be supported by TecTask. Specifically TecTask, in collaboration with the West African Exploration Initiative (http://www.waxi2.org) will sponsor a total of four African students to attend this colloquium at the level of  maximum  €1000 per student. The details of this sponsorship and application forms are provided at the TecTask website: http://tinyurl.com/tectask-cag23

The TecTask Team