Hi - I suggest having a read of Christian dual-reg poster from last year for more of the details - yes the group-map zscore images are the (spatial) regressors in stage 1 of the dual-reg, the data is spatial maps (each time point being processed separately from a maths point of view), with the output being the timecourses.

Cheers.

On 15 Sep 2010, at 04:30, Michael Keaser wrote:

>> The spatial regression is very similar to averaging the timecourses of the voxels within a spatial map (using the values >within the map as weightings); the big difference though is that this is done as a multiple regression
>> (using all ICA spatial >maps as regressios in one big GLM), with all that that implies,
>> rather than one at a time separately.
>
> Stephen thanks for your response.
>
> So, we have 36 components for our temporal concatenated group ICA. With the spatial regression, our multiple regression will consist of 36 regressors? The values of the regressors are Z-scores? IF the Z-scores are the "x-values/independent variables", what exactly is the "y-value/dependent variable" Is this regressed on a voxel-by-voxel basis where the final result is an estimated 36 time-courses/components per subject?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)