On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Reza Salimi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Xu Chen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks for your explanation, Reza! That helps. I missed the nonparametric part. I am working on the cluster-wise inference using "randomise".

that is a nonparametric inference, however, if you take ONLY the T-stat image from randomise and do some-analysis-on-your-own, then you cannot say "using randomise".

I am using the command line " randomise" in FSL to do the cluster-wise analysis.

But seems to me , the threshold selection (the parameter after -c ) for the clusters seems a little bit "random". Do you have any recommendations on the strategy of  the threshold selection?

By random you mean arbitrary :)

That's exactly what I meant:)

This is the reason why TFCE is introduced to the field.

The problem for my current dataset is that using TFCE corrected-P, no single voxel demonstrated significant activation (with corrected-p threshold of 0.95)

In general, 3'ish (±.5) on your T-stat should be a safe threshold (though it's hard to say a single value for EVERY study).

 I am trying several different values simultaneously.

Thanks again for your prompt reply

Jerry

Thanks

Jerry