Hi - this is more of a design-decision question than a software one;  one approach to modelling intensity nonlinearities is to "linearise" the effects by creating extra EVs that model the various nonlinearities when combined with each other by the GLM.  Probably a good start point is to read the literature on the Balloon model (Buxton etc) and Volterra kernels (Friston etc) - that may give you enough pointers to make it straightforward for you to create the necessary EVs (e.g. in matlab) to feed into FEAT.

Cheers.

On 3 Sep 2010, at 09:46, Roman M wrote:

> In case my message was 'lost' in the daily inflow..
>

> Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:46:55 +0000
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [FSL] BOLD non-linearities in fast ER designs
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hi, I am thinking about a new experiment I'm planning. One possibility is to have a very rapid ER design (with ISI much smaller than 4 seconds) which would give me plenty of trials, but I understand at that speed of presentation the bold response has significant non-linearities. Is there a way to account for these effects in FSL? Do you think this is a big problem?
>
>  thank you
>
>  Roman

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)