Hi,

I would assume that any version of Debian or derivatives should be fine, as the NeuroDebian repository will take care of any updates automatically. Besides, installation of FSL is a breeze. Personally, I've been using Ubuntu (since its very first beginnings) and am still loving it. But this is my 2c.
See neuro.debian.net for more details...!

Best regards,
Cornelius