Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 00:06:05 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] NIFTI direction
To: [log in to unmask]

I think you may read the nii files by FSLview or MRIcron? When they read the nii files , they would try to figure out the right-left direction and display the L at left, via the information in header. However it's hard to tell whether it is correct. It is always good to put a marker when you image the subject if you do care about it.