I strongly beg to disagree. My query concerning the - in the subjective view of forum members - most fascinating and interesting evocations of dreams in films is not some topic which you can haphazardly do research on by checking out databases such as imdb, where you will be inundated with trivial returns. The great advantage of this list is that response tends to be fast (faster than, say, H-Film) and, usually, quite well-informed. So list questions after all do have their place here, and on numerous occasions have actually led to some very interesting discussions, and more often than not have gone off on rather intriguing tangents. And otherwise, as Bill Harris has pointed out on some previous occasions, there's always 'the delete button.'

Btw, has this nagging question of INCEPTION legally already being out on dvd been resolved?

After an absence of some time I return to Film Philosophy in the hope of being engaged in and stimulated by discussion on the philosophical aspect of film past present and future. I am sad to report my disappointment. I find  queries for lists (go do some research), calls for abstracts,calls for papers, notifications of conferences, symposiums and assorted gatherings(happy if you are ever in the North of New Zealand drop by my place and we will share a glass or two and exchange views and opinions.....this as relevant to most of you as the notifications are to me) but very little (actually no)discussion.

What happened?

Do I misunderstand the function of this forum?

Regards to you all as the lights go down, and the red velvet curtains open,

Billy.

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **