***Apologies for cross-posting***

Dear colleagues

We received excellent feedback for the forthcoming conference Travelling Languages: Culture, Communication and Translation in a Mobile World that is going to be held in Leeds 3rd -5th December 2010.

We have now added additional information to our website. In detail you will be able to download the following now:

o    A list of accepted abstracts <http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-Leeds%202010/List%20of%20Abstracts_02.09.10.docx>

o    Information on the keynote speakers <http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-Leeds%202010/keynote%20speakers.pdf>

o    Conference registration information <http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-Leeds%202010/Conference%20Registration(1).docx>

o    A daft of the conference programme outline <http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-Leeds%202010/Conference%20programme%20outline.docx>

o    Information on Leeds and the conference's venue <http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-Leeds%202010/web%20info_Leeds%20and%20the%20conference%20venue(1).docx>

o    And a link to Welcome to Leeds and information on accommodation in Leeds <http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-Leeds%202010/Accommodation.docx>

This all can be found on the conference's page accessible via http://www.tourism-culture.com/conferences_and_events.html

We offer the following rates for this conference:

£185 Pounds Sterling (early bird registration until 17.10.2010)

£225 Pounds Sterling (normal registration rate)

£130 Pounds Sterling (PhD candidate rate-please send us confirmation from supervisor or a copy of your student ID)

£175 Pounds Sterling (IALIC members' rate)

£90 Day rate

Registration is now open and can be accessed online at: https://onlinestore.leedsmet.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&prodid=41&deptid=4&catid=2

Best regards

Daniela

=====

Daniela Carl

Research Officer

Centre for Tourism and Cultural Change

Leeds Metropolitan University

Old School Board

Calverley Street

Leeds LS1 3ED

UK

phone +44 (0)113- 812 8541

fax +44 (0)113- 812 8544

www.tourism-culture.com

=====

Forthcoming Events

International Conferences:

Journeys of Expression VIII:

Celebrating through Times of Crisis: Prospects and Potentials for Tourism, Festivals and Cultural Events

11-12 September 2010, Copenhagen, Denmark

Tourism and Seductions of Difference:

1st Tourism-Contact-Culture Research Network Conference

10-12 September 2010, Lisbon, Portugal

Travelling Languages:

Culture, Communication and Translation in a Mobile World

(10th Annual Conference of the International Association of Languages and Intercultural Communication)

03-05 December 2010, Leeds, United Kingdom

Postgraduate Programmes

-MA Cultural Tourism

-PGCert/PGDipl/ MSc Destination Management