For synonyms in Koiné Greek, I use Berry and used Nestle as an adjunct when
I had it.

Scott Catledge

-----Original Message-----
From: The English Place-Name List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Tom Ikins
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [EPNL] In defence of Pei (WAS RE: [EPNL] Hillhillhill Hill)

---- Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I used both Glare and Lewis & Short and supplemented them with a

> multi-volume work on Latin by Latham (sp.?) that I was buying.  I liked my

> Liddell & Scott (old things a rapture hold) and plan to buy another
(used).

The searchable versions of Lewis & Short and Liddell & Scott at the Perseus
project http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/search are very useful.

The older version offered synonyms in Greek and Latin, but now gone.

BTW Karl Müller's edition of Ptolemy's Geography finally showed up on google
books.

http://books.google.com/books?id=F-sUAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&
q&f=false

To balance that, Matasovic's Etymological Dictionary of Proto-Celtic
disappeared last week from the indoeuropean.nl website, but an illegal
scanned copy of the text is in the wild, so that won't help sales.

--

Tom Ikins

The Roman Map of Britain

http://www.romanmap.com