From: The English Place-Name List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Trubshaw
Sent: 20 September 2010 08:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [EPNL] Hillhillhill Hill

At 18:30 19/09/2010, you wrote:
>Allegedly there is a place in England called Hillhillhill Hill with
>the first three 'hills' representing 'hill' in three other native
>languages.  Is this allegation true?

Breedon on the Hill (Leics) does not fit the bill as it's only
hill-hill on the hill.  But the folklorist in me suspects that
outside academe then orally transmitted knowledge of
"hill-hill-on-the-hill (in three native native languages)" could
become exagerated to "hill-hill-hill (in the three languages) hill".

Bob