Dear list members,

Please find below details of a two year post-doc opportunity to work in the Economic Geography Research Group at the University of Zurich, Switzerland.

Best wishes,

Christian Berndt

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Department of Geography, University of Zurich is advertising a

Postdoc position (2 years) in Economic Geography

The successful applicant will be part of the Economic Geography Research Group and join a dynamic, internationally oriented team. We are looking for candidates with research interests in one or more of the following fields:

•	Geographies of Economization/Marketization
•	Labor Geographies
•	Gender and Economic Geography
•	Geographies of Global Commodity Chains/Commodity Networks

We expect limited teaching commitment (1 course per year) and offer a stimulating work environment which provides an excellent opportunity for a postdoc researcher looking to develop an academic career.

The position (50’000 CHF p.a.) is offered for 2 years from 01 March 2011.
If you are interested, please send a letter of application, a full curriculum vitae including two names of possible referees, and one to two writing samples by e-mail to Perscheng Assef ([log in to unmask]). Please direct informal inquiries to Christian Berndt ([log in to unmask]). More information about our research group can be obtained at http://www.geo.uzh.ch/en/units/economic-geography.

Closing date: 30 October 2010