Was it David Cameron who talked about 'sharp elbowed middle class parents'? Exhibit A.

Julie Davenport wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
So folks

Here's a new one,  a parent calls,  very unhappy because their child's Ed Psych report is out of date (pre 16, albeit not by much),  SFE coal face workers have stood their ground and said even if it was 1 day before its not the right sort of tests done etc, and child would need new ed psych.

Parent really unhappy so kicks and screams and manages somehow to get up to the CEO of SFE,  who apparently has overturned first decision and has agreed evidence is now ok, and also approved DSA, promising an instant turnaround, which included equipment within 24 hours!!!

So if this is the case,  what happens to all the students we see whereby we tell them their Ed Psych report is no good and requires a updated one, usually spending University monies in the process to make this happen.

Sorry,  im miffed!!! ive turned several students away over the summer and I guess what I should have said is get your parents to kick and scream and SFE will change their mind (or the big wigs will) where is the equality in this!

Regards

Julie Davenport
Senior Disability Advisor &
Assessment Centre Manager