The School of Geography and Geosciences at the University of St.
Andrews has a fully funded PhD studentship available (including
tuition fees for EU residents, a living stipend and research funding
costs).

We are keen that this opportunity be taken up by a student with
interest in developing a theoretically informed empirical project in
critical health geography.
You would join our small research team which has interests in youth
sexual health, HIV prevention in Scotland’s Immigrant Communities, the
health needs of persons living with HIV and AIDS, as well as the
politics of donation (especially organs and blood).  We would like the
studentship to contribute to building links between the school and
heath service and community organizations here in Scotland.

For further information, and to discuss potential research topics,
please contact Matt Sothern ([log in to unmask]) or Mike Kesby ([log in to unmask]
) immediately (22nd October at the latest).  Nominationss for this
internal funding must be made as soon as possible and the successful
candidate will ideally start by January 2011.