Hello everyone,

My name is Kene Onwubuya and I am presently working on a part-time research degree on the selection of sustainable remediation techniques for contaminated land management, with a main focus on gentle remediation options (g.r.o). G.r.o. can be described as in-situ remediation methods which do not have a major impact on soil functions, its structure and other environmental compartments. They are deemed as less aggressive and more sustainable remediation methods. My part time degree is a doctorate programme with the University of Brighton and my supervisor’s name is Prof. Andy Cundy. The main aim of the project is to design and develop a decision support tool for selection of gentle remediation options. I have previously worked in collaboration with the EU-sponsored SNOWMAN project - Sustainable Management of Trace Element Contaminated Soil, SUMATECS (please follow link below for a synopsis of the project) which focussed on the development of gentle remediation techniques and a decision support tool system from a Europe perspective. We carried out a similar survey for the SUMATECS project but the UK response rate was less than 5% hence I decided to float another survey targeting the UK.

http://www.snowman-era.net/content.php?horiz_link=39&vert_link=0

This web based questionnaire survey (link below) has been designed to gather opinions on sustainable remediation options, as provided by practitioners, regulators and stakeholders (e.g. land owners or land users, regulatory decision makers and local authorities, scientists, environmental consultants and remediation engineers, etc). The questions are meant to gather personal experience and opinion reflecting your current knowledge of gentle remediation methods and associated decision support tools. As you would agree the more respondents I get, the more credible my survey.
I have previously sent out this questionnaire survey, via this forum, a few months ago but now I am putting it out for the final time targeting the following environmental practitioners in order to provide a more balanced survey:

- City Council
- Land owner or investor
- Land users
- Local authority
- National Authority or Government (Ministry)/Agency
- Remediation/Engineering contractor
- University or research institute

Please you do not need to complete the questionnaire if you have done so previously. I thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MC7GCQD