Hi,

I agree with Tolga that it seems more sensible only to switch on the "multiple" spectra if (a) the user does this manually in the referencing window or (b) the user changes the aliasing of a peak (in which case there could be a question the first time this is done per spectrum asking "Do you want to make the spectrum visible in the aliased region?" or something like that).
It certainly doesn't strike me to be intuitive for a new user (or particularly helpful for an experienced user to be honest) to expand the visible region of a spectrum when you place a peak into the middle of nowhere (why would anybody want to pick a peak in the middle of nowhere?).
More simply put - you should not be able to place a peak outside the currently aliased/showing region of a spectrum.

Vicky