Dear Filip,

Thank you for your advice, in my lab there is a discussion where a senior investigator who suggested that if you cannot see evidence of an interaction by coomassie then you have no chance of crystallizing the complex. I disagreed but I did not have a reference to support my stance.  I agree with you about the binding kinetics, I suspect if there is a slow off rate there is a chance you can capture that complex. If there is a slow on rate and a fast off rate then you are dead in the water I would imagine. Once again thank you for your comments.

Sincerely,

James